Postcard photographers and publishers
- Who took this evocative 1935 photo of Lake Chapala?
- Abel Briquet (1833-1926) and an early photograph of Lake Chapala? We stand corrected!
- Jesús Hermenegildo Abitia (1881-1960) and Casa Abitia
- Hugo Brehme (1882-1954)
- Winfield Scott (1863–1942)
- Jacques Van Belle (1923-2012)
- Juan Kaiser (1858-1916)
- Chapala market = El Salto market
- Luis Márquez Romay (1899-1978)
- Jakob Granat (1871-1945)
- Manuel Garay / Ediciones FEMA
- José María Lupercio (1870-1929)
- Ruhland & Ahlschier (Emil Ruhland and Max Ahlschier)
- Pedro Magallanes (1863-1928)
- Demetrio Sánchez Ortega (1898-1979)
Comments, corrections or additional material related to any of the writers and artists featured in our series of mini-bios are welcomes. Please email us or use the comments feature at the bottom of individual posts.